Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Diary Of My Grandfather( John)


Dear Diary,

I have to write to in secrecy.  I'm not very educated but atleast I know how to read and write.  My people, us slaves,arent allowed to read at all. When ever I would see my fellow people read anything, those cruel people would right away kill them, so Im really cautious about reading anything .  I think that's because those white people don't want us to be as smart as them, be able to get the same jobs. I think that knowledge equals power.   Anyway, the reason I'm taking a big risk and writing in this diary is so that future slaves and black men can see how dispecable these white people are.
 Today,Abraham Lincoln was nominated as a candidate for president. I don't know much about him but I heard he hates slavery.  If he gets rid of slavery, he'll free us of this torment of endless work and beatings.  My masters and these Southerners hate him.  I really hope that he wins and becomes president.
                                                                                                                                        JOHN
Hi Diary!




Today, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and Alabama have all joined South Carolina by now.  They've all succeded and now all the states are called the Confederate States of America.  The odds of our freedom seem slim.  The South is growing in its power.  Wish me good luck!
             
                                                                        JOHN
 Greetings Diary!

  Today I am losing hope for the country  from the country.  I thought maybe Lincoln would help us slaves, that he would be a hero to our people and nation.  I have always believed in Licoln but I dont actually see him doing anything. Please do something Licoln!!!!                     
                                               JOHN

Dear Diary,
I found out today that the Confederate troops captured another fort.  This fort was the North's most important fort. It wasn't lost without a fight though.  The first shots of this "civil war" was fired there.  The North refused to surrender.  After 48 hours of fighting, the northerners ran out of ammunition and were forced to surrender.   I'm scared.  What does the future hold for my family, friends, and the country?  These are questions yet to be determined or answer.
                                                                     JOHN

Daniel Afzal

No comments:

Post a Comment